Candle Questions & Care
Why do you use virgin coconut soy wax in your candles?
What are the benefits of using virgin coconut soy wax?
What do you scent your candles with?
Are your candles suitable for vegans?
Why did you choose wooden wicks over traditional wicks?
How long do your candles burn?
3.4 oz candles burn up to 25 – 30 hours
7.4 – 8.4 oz candles burn up to 45 – 55 hours
Why is my candle tunneling?
Why is there wax left at the bottom of my candle?
Our candles are designed to self-extinguish, leaving ½ to 1 inch of wax at the bottom of the jar. Once your candle is finished, re-purpose it! Look for ideas on our jar return program page.
Do your candles have a ‘use-by’ date?
What are some optimal burning tips?
Wooden wicks are a little different from traditional cotton wicks – they burn longer, cleaner, and have a cozy crackling ambiance. However, they do require a bit of extra care. Here are our tips to get the most out of your new candle:
- When lighting your candle for the first time, light the wick where the wax meets the wick for several seconds – not at the top of the wick.
- Always trim your wick before each use, to 1/4 of an inch, and remove all charred wood from previous burns. If the wick is too long, the flame may become too high. Simply blow out your candle, allow the wax time to cool, then trim your wick shorter and re-light.
- Allow the melt pool to reach the edges of the container before extinguishing – this helps prevent tunneling, which can impact how well the candle burns.
- If when burning the candle for a long period of time you notice the flame height getting too low, it may be necessary to tap off any excess ash or burnt wood along the top of the wick. The flame will then return to its proper optimal height.
How can I burn my candles safely?
- Never leave a burning candle unattended
- Burn candle out of reach of children & pets
- Never burn a candle for longer than 4 hours at a time
- Don’t burn candles close together: always leave at least 10cm between burning candles
- Do not burn candles on or near anything that can catch fire
- Do not place candles in a draught
- Trim wick to ¼ inch before lighting
- Keep the wax pool clear of matches and other debris to avoid flaring
- When there’s only ½” of wax left, it’s time to clean out that jar and move on to a new candle!
Can I reuse my candle jars?
Absolutely! Take part in our Jar Return Program, or use your jar to pot a plant, bake a personal cheesecake, and more. We would love to see photos of your recycled jars. Tag us on Instagram @_noelandco_
Reed Diffuser Questions & Care
What are reed diffusers and how do I use them?
Reed diffusers are a wonderful alternative to candles, as they provide an effortless, consistent, and long-lasting scent without the flame. They also make a beautiful and unique decor statement piece.
To use, simply submerge the natural, unbleached rattan reeds in the fragrance oil, taking care to spread them out for maximum intensity. When the fragrance has absorbed into the reeds, remove them from the liquid and gently flip them over to expose the saturated side. Whenever a fresh burst of aroma is needed, just flip the reeds.
Please note that the fragrance may react to painted surfaces so always place your diffuser on a coaster to prevent damage from accidental spillages. Avoid contact with skin, and keep out of reach of children and pets.
What are your diffusers made with?
Our diffuser base is made with a coco vegan formula that has no phthalates or parabens, and has less than 1% VOC content. Infused with renewable coconut oil, and mixed with our clean, quality fragrance and essential oils, we’re proud to offer a reed diffuser that is free of dyes, propellants, hazardous synthetic ingredients and is vegan and allergen free.
How often should I flip my reeds?
How long will my reed diffusers last?
My reed diffusers don't seem to be scenting the room as strongly as I would like. What's wrong?
The size of our reed diffusers is designed for small spaces, such as powder rooms, front entrances, or placed beside your bed. If you’ve flipped your reeds so that the moist reed ends are sticking up, it’s possible you’re trying to scent too large of a room. You might need more than one reed diffuser for the space – placed in opposite corners – for optimum results. Also, please make sure to keep your reed diffuser away from direct sunlight, as it will dry out your reeds.
Can I buy diffuser refills?
Can I reuse my diffuser vessel?
We love to see our customers practice sustainable living! Bring your bottle back to us as part of our jar return program, or turn your vessel into a pretty bud vase.
Linen Spray Questions & Care
What ingredients are in your linen sprays?
Our linen + body sprays are formulated with organic based ingredients, including organic aloe leaf juice, organic white willow bark extract, tea tree oil, and essential oil fragrances. Our linen spray is safe for skin, room, and linen use, and are proudly gluten, paraben, and phthalate-free.
Why do I have to shake the bottle before spraying?
Our linen + body sprays are mostly all-natural, and use minimal emulsifiers. Once the fragrance has been added, some separation may occur. We suggest to “shake + spray” before each use to ensure maximum fragrance diffusion.
Does your linen spray have any alcohol in it?
Is your linen spray body safe?
Yes! Our linen spray is body safe, and are paraben-free, sulfate-free, phthalate-free, cruelty-free, petroleum-free, and 100% vegan. Spray onto pulse points after your shower, including wrists, neck, chest and behind ears.
How do I use the linen + body spray?
As a Body Spray: Use Body Spray after showering. Apply to pulse points including the inside of wrists, knees and elbows, as well as neck, chest and behind the ears. Use as needed.
As a Linen Spray: Spray directly on clean linens. Hold sprayer approximately six inches from the surface you wish to spray and spritz lightly. A light misting is all that is required.
Can I reuse my spray vessel?
Yes! Return your spray vessel to us to receive a $1.00 credit towards future purchases. Read more about our jar return program here.
Bath Salt Questions & Care
How do I use my bath salts?
How much bath salts should I use?
Bath Tubes: 1 bath
Bath Jars: 2 baths
What do you scent your bath salts with?
Are your bath salts 100% natural?
What ingredients are in your bath salts?
Join our Newsletter
Get access to email exclusives + all the need-to-know about new products and information.
Wick technology licensed by Lumetique, Inc
© 2022 Noël & Co. | All Rights Reserved.